Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Take At A Healthy Nugget

My kids, like most, love chicken nuggets. I wanted to test a healthier way to make them, but when you're in a hurry sometimes it's hard to do. Yesterday I took some things that we already had in the pantry and tried these. They turned out pretty good & the best part was that the kids loved them!!! This is my off the top of my head recipe~

1 large can white chicken breast chunks
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
All purpose seasoning added to your taste
Oat/Bran Flour or any Whole Grain Flour for coating(I added some seasoning to flour also)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat frying pan

Mash/shred chicken in a bowl with fork. Mix in egg, bread crumbs, & seasoning. Shape small amounts of mixture into nugget like shapes and coat them in flour. Cook in olive oil coated pan over medium/high heat until golden brown on both sides.

Todd & I both thought they were pretty yummy too! They would be better if you boiled chicken tenderloins & then shredded the cooked meat in a food processor. To make them even more healthy you could add some cauliflower puree to the mixture. The kids would never know it!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample Text

Check us out at our store! Click on the "Shop" link above. If you have any questions or special request e-mail me at isaacandisabelle@yahoo.com .

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Pitter-Patter Inspirations

Popular Posts

Followers

Admin

My Photo
My most important job is being a wife and mother. After that I like to try my hand at photography and sewing design. I hope you enjoy my blogginess. Hehe!! Please sip some tea and stay awhile.

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Blogger news

About

Untitled Document

Ok, I am just test driving this new dreamweaver thing.

Labels